Choosing to travel with Tanzania Specialist means choosing to travel responsibly, sustainably and safely in Tanzania. As a company, we care deeply about contributing to Tanzania’s social and economic development and participate in several initiatives to do just that.
As a trusted travel company in Tanzania providing exceptional wildlife and nature experiences, we understand that the great wilds of Tanzania need protecting and preserving. That’s why we’re dedicated to sustainable business practices and actively contributing to environmental projects throughout the country.
Prioritising Carbon-Neutral Activities
- We choose our luxury lodges and Tanzania accommodation partners based on a list of exacting environmental criteria. One of the most essential points on that list is sustainable business practices – from waste reduction to green energy consumption. 75% of Tanzania Specialist accommodation options use solar panels.
- Our custom-made Tanzania vacations prioritise eco-friendly experiences. From hiking and biking to canoeing and camping, many of our guests’ favourite activities leave only footprints.
- In addition to promoting sustainable travel within our guests’ trips, we proudly launched the Manyara Tree Planting Project in 2020. This initiative plants thousands of indigenous trees on an 18-acre piece of land around the Tanzania Specialist accommodation sites.
Offering 200 street kids a promising future
- With many children and young adults not given the opportunity to attend school and receive an education, youth unemployment is a challenging issue in Tanzania. We want to change that by working with Jobortunity.org, a non-profit organisation that works with youth from vulnerable backgrounds to break the cycle of generational poverty in Tanzania. This is a cause we deeply care about at Tanzania Specialist, and we are determined to make a difference. We work together with Jobortunity.org to make it possible to support 200 kids through the specially designed year-long Hi5 course. Once graduated from the Hi5 Course, each student is equipped with valuable professional skills and knowledge, enabling them to enter the job market.
- The Hakuna Matata Academy is Tanzania Specialist’s own hospitality academy, training tourism and service professionals to develop the quality of Tanzania’s tourism industry across the board.
“Tanzania Specialist employs several new Hi5 graduates every year throughout the country, offering a chance for the younger generation to not only survive, but thrive.”
– Robbin Meulemans, Founder Tanzania Specialist
Supporting our Employees
Our dedicated employees are our most important capital. From the head office in Arusha to the expert safari guides out in the bush, each Tanzania Specialist employee undergoes an exhaustive selection process. With a team filled with the best of the best, we are proud to pay our team substantially higher than the average. We believe in investing in our staff and providing everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
Certified Sustainable Travel Africa
The Certified Sustainable Travel Africa initiative was created by the founders of Tanzania Specialist. As leaders in the Tanzania tourism market, we’ve always operated with sustainability and environmental protection at the heart of what we do. From our hospitality training and education programs to our local recycling initiatives and the exceedingly high standards you’ll find in all Tanzania Specialist associated partners, we’re leading the wave of change for environmentalism in Tanzania. This certificate recognises all businesses in the Tanzanian tourism sector that adhere to sustainable business practices and operate with the environment as their number one priority and is part of our long-term commitment to creating a sustainable Tanzania for all.