Going on an African/ Tanzanian safari vacation is a dream of many, but it is also one of those vacations that requires a huge amount of planning. Sure, you could fly to Tanzania, rent a car, and just take off into the countryside, but it would be ill-advised to do so, as most roads are […]
Beach and safari holiday? Tanzania has it all
Whether you love it for the amazing safaris or for the incredibly beautiful beaches, Tanzania has a lot to offer. Can you believe that in Tanzania, you can go on an authentic safari, climb the Mount Kilimanjaro, meet the friendly local populations, see the Big 5 animals, enjoy the sun (and maybe the snow if you climb the Kilimanjaro), relax on a beach on Pemba island, go snorkeling or go meet the dolphins around Zanzibar. All this can be done in a few weeks in Tanzania. We told you, Tanzania is one of the best beach and safari holiday country in the world!
8 reasons to visit Tanzania and enjoy a perfect beach a safari holiday.
- Seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Tanzania has seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites : the famous Mount Kilimanjaro, the safari parks Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Selous Game Reserve and Serengeti National Park where you can watch the Great Wildebeest Migration. 3 cultural places are also UNESCO World Heritage sites : Stone Town in Zanzibar, Kondoa Rock-Art Sites and the
Ruins of Kilwa Kisiwani and of Songo Mnara. 7 good reasons already to visit Tanzania during a beach and safari holiday!
- Kilimanjaro. The country is also home to Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa and highest free-standing mountain in the world. You can climb Mount Kilimanjaro… or simply watch it from a distance. The mountain is beautiful from top to bottom.
- Best safari country in Africa. Tanzania has been voted best safari country in Africa. No surprise here : in Tanzania it is still possible to make an authentic safari, without paved roads, with free animals and no fences. You have also great chances to see the Big 5 animals during your beach and safari holiday in Tanzania.
- See the big 5. Tanzania is one of the best countries on earth to see the Big Five. The chances to meet the Big 5 are the biggest in the Ngorongoro Crater. Tanzania has the largest concentration and diversity of animals in Africa and it’s a great place to visit for animal lovers.
- Diving in Zanzibar archipelago. Zanzibar, Pemba and Maffia islands offers some of the best diving opportunities in Africa. In particular around Pemba Island where the azure blue waters, untouched coral and abundant marine life are creating excellent diving conditions.
- Zanzibar paradise beaches. Zanzibar’s picturesque beaches are stunning. The Zanzibar archipelago is one of the most accessible paradises on earth. Often considered as the ideal honeymoon destination.
- Hiker’s Paradise. Tanzania is a hiker’s paradise. You can go hiking in the different national parks along lakes, through coffee plantations and forest, walk to a beautiful waterfall and bath in clear waters. If you want more challenge, climbing Mount Meru is a great one, less challenging than climbing the Kilimanjaro. Ask us for more information!
- Meet the local populations. You have probably already heard about the Maasai. Meeting the Maasai population is a unique cultural experience. Maasai villages are located in the savannahs of the Great Rift Valley. The Maasai have been living in the same way for centuries, without any electricity or running water. But there are not the only population still living this way in Tanzania : there are around 120 different tribes who all have their own language and way of life. You can for example also visit the Iraqw in the Karatu region. They are an interesting population who is still growing their own food and herding their cattle. If you visit them, they will tell you more about their history, habits and culture.
The perfect destination for a beach and safari holiday : Tanzania, Africa.
Tanzania is a fascinating country, very diverse, from beach to mountain, from safari to diving, with a very interesting cultural background, mostly great weather, good comfortable accommodations and friendly people.
Everything you need for a perfect beach and safari holiday in Tanzania.